Before I became a counsellor I spent time serving in the Royal Navy and then many years working within the childcare sector. However it was through my own personal experience, accessing counselling to work through my own difficult life experiences, understanding just how difficult it was making sense of my thoughts, feelings and emotions and gaining insight into myself awareness, which wasn’t easy at times. Made me realise how passionate I was about becoming a counsellor, inspiring me to support you through your very own journey. From this I embarked on my journey to becoming a qualified counsellor, hypnotherapist and supervisor.
As well as running my private practice as a counsellor, hypnotherapist and supervisor, I currently work for the mental health charity Mind Halton as the counselling lead, successfully managing over 30 counsellors both qualified and students. I also volunteer as a counsellor at Mind Halton, gaining lots of experience supporting adults with various experiences. I currently deliver a Resilience, Confidence, Anxiety, Stress and Managing your Emotions courses for Mind Halton. I am passionate about reducing the stigma and discrimination and raising awareness surrounding mental health, so through this I co-facilitate in delivering Mental Health Awareness courses to various organisations. I am also the Time to Change Halton Hub Coordinator which is a social movement that tackles mental health stigma within the Halton area.
- BSc (Hons) First Class in Counselling
- Foundation Degree Distinction in Counselling
- Diploma Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Working with Children and Young People
- Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Award in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Mental Health First Aid
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling